Proof Of Concept


Anyone who knows me, knows that I enjoy the dairy product called milk. I consume a gallon of milk a week. I eat cookies with milk, I eat cereal with milk, I like to eat fruit with milk and I love chocolate milk. But sometimes I wonder who was the first person to look at a cows udder and then wonder what the contents of that rubber glove looking sack on the belly of a heifer would taste like. Just watching a calf suckle from its mother is jarring, never mind the whole milking process. Or for that matter chicken eggs. Watching a chicken lay an egg does not send hunger pangs racing through my body, far from it. But God in His wisdom whispered in Adams ear that it was ok to harvest these ingredients. That's the only way I could see it working. There is simply no other logical explanation. No human being upon witnessing a chicken lay an egg would then subsequently want to boil it in water and eat the coagulated insides.

Today I was blessed with an internship at a literary management firm. So I read scripts and write a review of them; whether they are good or bad, marketable or not. It's non-paying but the work load is light and the experience is priceless. I'll make a lot of good contacts and have a good shot at getting a job within the company down the road.

The down and upside is that I'll be reading some of the most god-awful pieces of literary vomit ever to be put into a word document. The few synopses I read today were simply blather. Most were so poorly written that I didn't know what was happening. Others were trying to be serious but came off as hilarious (a drama in the vein of Friday, but more serious....set in, get this... Rhode Island).

Music of the past few days has been ELO most notably 10538 Overture. It's an amazing song. No movie of the week since I've been catching up on House. Everyone should watch the new Top Gear with the Nissan GT-R race through Japan.

0 comments: