I finish other peoples.....

Sentences.

Security has never been a huge issue with me. I'm the guy that leaves his keys and wallet in his shoes while he's is swimming at the beach. It would come as a surprise to most that I have discovered a new form of personal security to guard against petty theft and beyond.

It's simple really, deviously simple. The common pair of blue jeans, of any particular brand hold enough stopping power to foil even the most Oceans 11 of crooks. When worn standing up blue jeans offer little security to anything the user is storing in the pockets. But if the jeans are worn at a 90 degree angle, such as when your sitting down, the pockets become locked in a bear trap grip around the contents of the pockets, especially the front pockets. Place lower priority belongings; such as brochures, gloves, pens, iPod headphones, in the rear pockets and save the front pockets for higher value items like jewelry, ammunition, cellular phones, records, gloves and cigarettes. No man, beast or complex machinery can get at your pockets without groping your highly secure thighs and buttocks.

~

What has drawn me most to the business of telling stories visually is the audience. Not fame per say but a group of people enjoying my work. It's not something I have experienced very often but when I have its a very potent sensation. You can have all the passion in the world to get change peoples lives but it's the rush of one or two things that keeps you coming back for more after each failure.

I was in the audience with some of my closest friends for a showing of a short film that I was in. The audience was of the jaded New York indie film crowd and I was dying a thousand deaths waiting for my film to start. The tension was all over my body, I wanted to leave so badly and I wanted to stay so badly. It was unlike any anticipation that I've ever felt. My neck was tight and my breathing was concentrated.

The short was a comedy so I was hoping for at least one laugh; one laugh is all I needed to count the film as a success. As the intro music started my eyes began to weep because I was stressing out so badly. An eternity passed...







A chuckle after the first joke! I held my breath.

A second and a third.

a group of 5 over there 3 more over here.

halfway through and half of the audience was really into it.

For the last joke a good 75% of the crowd was laughing out loud, not roaring with laughter but a good belly laugh. It was more than I had ever hoped for. I was elated and proud of what me and my team had accomplished. All the effort and money and stress to get to this damned film festival coalesced into a few brief moments of pure bliss. The bliss of knowing that, paired with dedicated people, I could make an audience forget their lives for just a moment and share an emotion together as a group.

~

Music of the week is Metallica. Show of the week is House. High point of the week is getting to PA on a friends music video. Low point of the week was getting short changed on my last paycheck by 50%.

0 comments: